Now that you have your Open Water certification, it’s time to take the next step! Expand your skills, build confidence, and increase the variety of your underwater experiences. The Advanced Open Water Diver course exposes you to five Adventure Dives to gain experience in different underwater specialties. Continue your adventure today!
- Open Water Diver certification (or Jr. Open Water Diver)
- Be at least 15 years old (or 12 for Jr. Advanced Open Water Diver)
The Advanced Open Water course can be completed in two class sessions and includes:
- 1-2 knowledge development (classroom) sessions at Bakersfield SCUBA to understand the principles of each adventure dive you choose to complete
Busy schedule? You can also complete the knowledge developments online with PADI eLearning!
- 5 open water (ocean) dives at the Avalon Dive Park on Catalina Island, which include the following:
- Deep dive
- Underwater Navigation dive
- 3 other Adventure Dives from the following list:
- AWARE Fish ID
- Dry Suit
- Enriched Air/Nitrox
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
Required SCUBA Equipment
You will need to purchase your own mask, snorkel, boots, gloves, and fins for the course.
The rest of the equipment can be rented through the shop and is included with the course fee. The package includes:
- Buoyancy control device (BCD)
- Submersible pressure gauge (SPG)
- Specialty equipment for specific dives (e.g. dry suit for Dry Suit dive)
The course fee is $195 and includes classroom materials (PADI Adventures in Diving book), rental gear, air fills, an optional pool session, and your certification card.
The instructor fee is $100 and is paid directly to your Advanced Open Water Instructor.
The price for trip to Catalina Island varies, depending on season and room size and is separate from the course fee. The trip includes, two nights hotel stay, all transfers to/from the hotel to dive park, equipment rentals, air fills, and all tips/gratuity.
Already an Advanced Open Water diver? Take your dive awareness to the next level with the challenging, yet rewarding, Rescue Diver course!
*Students between the ages of 12 and 14 will earn a Jr. Advanced Open Water Diver certification.